What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

searching for 3G - won't connect

SmileQuietly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Our cell service was down for quite a few hours after major storms that passed through our area the other day and now my iPad2 keeps searching for 3G and won't connect to the Internet. I can get online with WiFi (although it still says "searching" beside the little WiFi symbol). I tried a hard restart and left the iPad off for awhile but it's still not working. I'm using version 5.1.1. Does anyone have a suggestion or solution to this problem?
??

Bosvaark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Our cell service was down for quite a few hours after major storms that passed through our area the other day and now my iPad2 keeps searching for 3G and won't connect to the Internet. I can get online with WiFi (although it still says "searching" beside the little WiFi symbol). I tried a hard restart and left the iPad off for awhile but it's still not working. I'm using version 5.1.1. Does anyone have a suggestion or solution to this problem?
??

One possibility is switch device off, use the pin provided and eject your micro sim card and reseat it.
If this doesn't work drive to a different location and test using a new 3G tower , if it still is not working , check your carrier settings ( APN setting).

Most reactions

Latest posts