What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Searching App Store

Hopkins

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a newbie to Apple, never had an ipod or anything...

How do you view the App Store by category? ie, I'd like to see the apps by categories like Magazines, Kids apps, etc. Other than the "New & Noteworthy", "What's Hot", etc. And where are the magazines? I found some by typing "magazine" in the search box but surely there is a category to browse for magazines I hope?

Thanks!

Rasputina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That tab on the itunes store that says apps, hover over it until you see the arrow and click that, then choose which category you want.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
on the device app store click categories....lol

Featured seems to give a better list view.

Overall I think they really need to rework the app store layout, its really bad and really only able to show a handful of apps at a time...I want to be able to just see a list of everything new and everything popular...thats it!

OP
H

Hopkins

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I should have clarified, I'm browsing the app store on a pc. My ipad is on order. Hovering over the app store tab does not display any categories, maybe I just have to wait for my ipad but it seems strange not to be able to browse by category using the itunes app store on my pc...

OP
H

Hopkins

iPF Noob
Reaction score
nevermind, I got it. I wasn't following instructions well. I hovered but didn't click first...

OP
H

Hopkins

iPF Noob
Reaction score
er, still don't see magazines. Is there another way to find those?

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh, itunes....I found the best way to get a good list in iTunes is to type iPad, then select iPad apps containing iPad....yes its a really stupid workaround, but it works really well and I wish you could do it on the device app store!

Rasputina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
er, still don't see magazines. Is there another way to find those?

There isn't a subsection for those, at least I've never noticed one. I find search to be the most useful feature for finding apps. I just search using keywords. Scrolling through 50 million pages of crap in the sections just isn't fun.

OP
H

Hopkins

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies! I'm amazed it's not better organized. I would think there would be a section for magazines, one for newspapers, kids apps, etc.

Most reactions

Latest posts