What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seagate satelite

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
To clarify, in case it's not clear (your question was a bit vague) - the Seagate only gives off WiFi for access to it's files. It's not creating a WiFi signal for you to go online and wander around the 'Net, receive e-mails, etc. It's only for local Seagate to iPad access.

Just in case that was what you meant. Sorry to be pedantic if you weren't... :)

Marilyn

rosshan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know, if it is at all possible to use the GoFlex satellite with the apple Tv?

Also, I heard the the GoFlex satellite can use other apps on the iPad to play movies. So you don't have to convert them to play. Which apps are comparable?

Shanklysbest

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm new so be easy on me!

I'm thinking of buying the goflex satelitte but I've got more questions than answers at the moment. I've recently started to us avplayer which is amazing as I don't have to convert avi films anymore so my question is, can I store avi films on the goflex satelitte and then use them from there? Really confused on this one because you have to use iTunes to upload films into avplayer so I'm wondering if it's even possible? Doesn't seem much point in getting the goflex drive if not. At help is gratefully received

Thanks in advance/hope/anticipation

Mike

Wokiebear

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Check out iFlash Drive and AirStash drive. AS uses removable Sd cards to do the same as Seagate's Satellite except it has pass-through capabilities. Plus is wireless access where the iFlash Drive has to be connected. I have used the Seagate, tho, and it's not bad.

rosshan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wokiebear said:
Check out iFlash Drive and AirStash drive. AS uses removable Sd cards to do the same as Seagate's Satellite except it has pass-through capabilities. Plus is wireless access where the iFlash Drive has to be connected. I have used the Seagate, tho, and it's not bad.

The satellite has pass through now.

rosshan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Shanklysbest said:
Hi all,

I'm new so be easy on me!

I'm thinking of buying the goflex satelitte but I've got more questions than answers at the moment. I've recently started to us avplayer which is amazing as I don't have to convert avi films anymore so my question is, can I store avi films on the goflex satelitte and then use them from there? Really confused on this one because you have to use iTunes to upload films into avplayer so I'm wondering if it's even possible? Doesn't seem much point in getting the goflex drive if not. At help is gratefully received

Thanks in advance/hope/anticipation

Mike

You can play avi files on your iOS device if you used the app oplayerHD (there's a lite version).

dumchidumchi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ace player, buzz player can access videos stored on seagate satellite. And yes, seagate satelite can do wifi pass thru with the latest firmware.

rosshan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just need a player that can AirPlay videos to the apple tv now.

Sincity

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Still deciding if an iPad is the right device for me. If the iPad had an SD port like an Android, then it would be an easy decision. I hate iTunes with my iPhone. Question is, can I just use the Goflex as an easy way to move files from PC > GoFlex > iPad and save the files in the iPad? Or is this more like a media server?

Redneck_Randy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If the iPad had an SD port like an Android, then it would be an easy decision.

The camera connection kit for the iPad gives the SD card option

BUT, the kit can only be used to upload pics and movies to the ipad
21nwKQDYGRL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts