What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scrolling dock?

Manda11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, folks. I just received my iPad in the mail on Friday, so I'm assuming I have the newest version of everything. Anyhow, I was working in keynote and I'm not sure what I pressed (I know my finger was on the home button) but all of a sudden a dock of all my apps appeared. It was so beautiful and I've been LONGING for that capability on my iPhone. But now I cant figure out how I did it or how to get it back. Was it just part of the keynote app or do iPads now come with that capability without first downloading an app. Either way, can someone help me get it back?!?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It is the multitask bar. It will show you all the apps you've run recenlty, and often not so recently. You get to it by double tapping the home button.

Things you can do:

Remove recent apps from memory. Tap-hold until they wiggle, and then tap the minus sign to remove them. This only removes them from the multitask bar, not the iPad.

Quickly switch to another app you were using. If it is one of the first few apps listed this will switch back to that app in the same state as you left it.

Swipe to the right for some controls that will:
Quick access to whatever app is playing audio in the background.
Pause/Play Volume, and other controls for your background music.
Lock/Unlock screen rotation
Adjust screen brightness.

OP
M

Manda11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I cant tell you how much I appreciate the tips. This definitely makes my life easier. =] THANK YOU!

Most reactions

Latest posts