What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen obsession

TheX

iPF Novice
Reaction score
How many of you are obsesses with making sure your screen is clean? If I can see finger prints on my screen it drives me nuts.

How many of you have dust specs on your screen?

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I too wipe all my screens constantly :)
The doctor calls it OCD, but I don't give a monkeys as long as my screens are all clean ;)

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I carry microfiber cloths in my jacket pocket and in the glove compartment of my car. I also have one in my desk drawer beside me. I'm always wiping the screen. I get some dust on the screen, but the microfiber cloths take it off along with the finger prints.

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm obsessive about a clean screen on iPad, smartphone, and work monitors.

I clean them all daily with nice'n clean electronic wipes available at Walmart or most any other store.

I've tried microfiber cloths and a variety of other wipes (windex, eyeglass wipes, etc) and the nice'n clean wipes work the best and leave the surface without any residual "drag" or streaking.

Regardless of how its done doesn't matter as long as its done as smudges on iPad and other displays are a distraction to me. Plus smartphones by nature of their design and use are a haven for bacteria and the such so keeping my phone clean is a must.

I have recently purchased a stylus (damn you Draw Something!) and now find myself using it all the time. This has reduced the smudge factor big time!

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wipe maybe once or twice a week, unless I get something on it, lol.

I figure the fingerprint-resistant coating is going to wear away, so I don't wipe constantly.

jfor26

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I clean mine just abou every time I use it. I cant stand smudges.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, then most of you would detest my practices - I never clean it. Why bother? It's just going to get smudged again...

:D

Marilyn

Who doesn't make her bed either, for the same reason ... it's just going to get messed up again. :)

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh, then most of you would detest my practices - I never clean it. Why bother? It's just going to get smudged again...

:D

Marilyn

Who doesn't make her bed either, for the same reason ... it's just going to get messed up again. :)

LOL, true but like another poster said, OCD kicks in. Every night I clean my screen, also I cannot have any open apps at the end of the day. To each their own....

Another Dave

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Some times I worry about a lot of things .. world poverty, wars, famine, dirty screens and so on

But a few pints of beer makes it all go away :eek:

jawa6306

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Midranger4 said:
I have recently purchased a stylus (damn you Draw Something!) and now find myself using it all the time. This has reduced the smudge factor big time!

Same here... I find myself wiping fingerprints several times daily so I got a stylus. It's very easily to tell when I'm using a stylus and when I'm using my fingers in draw something.

Most reactions

Latest posts