What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen goes completely black

hpowders

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the iPad set for turning itself off after 5 minutes of open screen with no use, for security reasons. How do you get the iPad to turn on again from a black screen?

OP
H

hpowders

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I asked because my wife has the iPad in a different state and she just called me that the screen went completely black while she was e-mailing. Sounds like she must have drained the battery to zero, but she claims it was 20%. I told her to press the home button and nothing happened. I have no idea what she did. Her family there are all computer savvy, but none of them are home. When they come back, I'm sure one of them can figure it out. I need an aspirin.

Last edited:
OP
H

hpowders

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got the call. Son in law got it up and running in seconds-held the Home button and on/off button simultaneously. I have no idea how the wife got the iPad to black screen. Like I said, I have it set to go black after 5 minutes of no use for security reasons, but she claims she was e-mailing when it happened. This one will just have to be tossed in the unsolved cases file.

Epint

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Holding the Home button and on/off button simultaneously is the same as the iPod recovery switch. Helps with a lot.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts