What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SCREEN DISPLAY

H

hayseed

My screen displayed at this very moment, has shifted to the right. I noticed it started just today. On the left there is a black strip, indicating how much shifting has occurred.
Had it shifted the other way, I would still have accessibility to the X on the right of the screen.

Never really notice how much I used it till now. I can swipe the screen back in place, it is not locked here. But letting go of the screen it shifts right back.

Is this a common occurrence? I have not seen this on any other pad.

Hi Hayseed - welcome to the forum! :) You've not provided us w/ any important information regarding the iPad model you are using, the iOS installed, nor whether you've made recent upgrades (such as going to iOS 8.x) that might relate to the issue you describe - would help - ;)

BUT, in the absence of these facts, let's start w/ a 'RESET', i.e. press the ON-OFF & HOME buttons simultaneously; hold until the Apple logo appears, then allow the device to 're-boot' - restart and let us know your results. Good luck - Dave

Thank you, the reset took care of the problem. I thought since I posted under the gen. 4 sub title you would know these answers, maybe not. But thanks for your help.

Thank you, the reset took care of the problem. I thought since I posted under the gen. 4 sub title you would know these answers, maybe not. But thanks for your help.

Glad that the 'reset' worked for you! Concerning the other issue, just a couple of comments: 1) Posters do not always choose the right forum, so may be even misleading; 2) When I read a post, I usually do not look at its forum location (but probably should); 3) Forum titles if chosen correctly, do not always provide sufficient information, e.g. an upgrade from iOS 7.x to 8.x may not be evident, and other important information may be lacking; and 4) A poster is helping to make a responder's job much easier if at least a little information and background is provided. All need to learn to write a 'quality post' especially if opening a thread - short phrases and one sentence questions just do not help and for me at times will just lead to ignoring the post. Dave :)

Most reactions

Latest posts

Back