What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen control other iPads...

frozone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Quick question. I know with Air Display you can extend your desktop screen, but it's not what I need...

Here's my setup. I'm part of a worship band and we have chord charts that I have created in Photoshop. I want to be able to control the other band members screens so if I move my chord chart from one song to another, it changes on their screens as well... Is this possible? Thanks!

Reaction score
The iPad being of proprietary nature and all, doesn't support remote screen viewing, which is what you are looking for.

That said, It is possible, but only within specific apps. The catch is, that you have to do everything within one app, such as Replica Pro. It does support .jpg, .gif, .xls, .doc, .pdf, .ppt and possible more. So if your chord charts are in one of the above formats, you can open them in Replica pro, start replica pro on another ipad, or even PC and have the screen mirrored. Any movements, switching to another document, etc. will be displayed on the other iPads.

The problem is, it doesn't mirror the iPad interface, only the app, so you can't use a different program for viewing the chords.

Anyway, Replica Pro is as close as you can get to sharing an iPad screen

Btw. you might want to check, whether there is a limit of how many devices can hook onto the main iPad.

There is also a slight delay when scrolling, so the other iPads will be a second or so behind.

OP
F

frozone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks a bunch! I'll look into these. We use Planning Center, but I believe you can only control the screens from the Computer end, not the iPad end...

suesheldon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
remote control iPad

This is my first time on a forum - not quite sure how to do this....

My mother is 87 and is frustrated with her new iPad (Christmas gift to her).
She can only read her book on it - can't even figure out how to get to the other books on it.
I have an iPad and try to help her over the phone but get very frustrated when she says that her screen doesn't look like what my screen does. I have no clue what she was touched or done and don't know how to get her back to where she needs to be if I can't see the screen.

I have a remote control support application for her PC and I take over her screen and fix all the things she's done to screw it up. I'd like the same software for her iPad.

Any suggestions?

HedgeHogLuvva

iPF Noob
Reaction score
suesheldon said:

She can only read her book on it - can't even figure out how to get to the other books on it.
I have an iPad and try to help her over the phone but get very frustrated when she says that her screen doesn't look like what my screen does. I have no clue what she was touched or done and don't know how to get her back to where she needs to be if I can't see the screen.

I have a remote control support application for her PC and I take over her screen and fix all the things she's done to screw it up. I'd like the same software for her iPad.

Any suggestions?

Give myphonedesktop a look in the app store, not quite what you are looking for but close

ipadowner27

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
it is possible but you would have to jailbreak.
There are Cydia apps that will allow the iPad to be controlled over vnc. It would require port forwarding and the like to be set up at your mothers end. And I'm not sure how the interface would react given most vac apps for iPad are designed for controlling a pc/mac which uses a mouse and keyboard but if memory serves it would be free to give it a try over a local network and if it does work to a satisfactory level scaling it over the Internet shouldn't be too difficult.
On that note setting up a VPN might be a good idea as this would simplify the set up and make future tech easier to support.
Hope this helps

Conor

machouinard

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Any suggestions?

Have you had any luck with this? I've had the same problem with my 80+ year old grandfather since he got an iPad for Father's Day. Still sharp as a tack, but he's just not latching on to modern technology or it's vernacular.

I'm to point now where I'm willing to jailbreak it if that provides a solution. His tech support phone calls are driving me crazy!

jgm72183

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We design software for iPads and often run into this with our end users. Our simple minded solution for this requires a camera phone. We set up a skype call and have the user point the camera at the iPad. We use the speaker phone to tell them where to go and what to do. Any software out there is still not able to do this as you need. This is a clunky solution but in a pinch we use it to help our clients. Then we point out how easy it is to teamvier or logmein a windows tablet in hopes that they go for function instead of name.

anupkumarroy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
have you guys found a software yet!!! I m tired of searching for it... i bought it assuming that teamviwer can do it.. but alas!!! Btw i need this to be able to control the ipad in India from USA over internet because my parents cannot use it properly.

Most reactions

Latest posts