What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Schedule iMessages

MrPaul

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad Mini 2 (new to me) and would like to create a message and have it sent at a later time.
Is there a way to do that or is there an app that will handle this for me?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
While there are third party apps that will let you schedule a message to be sent at a later time, limitations set by Apple don't let this happen automatically. The app would simply send you a reminder at the preset time to send the message manually.

Thomas1977

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hmm. This is a really good question. I have no idea about this having a iPad mini 2 for a year now myself.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I know of no way to do this using the Messages app and iMessage service. There are probably several ways to send timed or schduled messages via SMS (Which can be received in the Messages app).

The only service I know of off the top of my head is IFTTT.com. You can create a schduled SMS message, or have one triggered by various events. There are probably other services and/or apps that will do similar things. Searching the App Store for terms like ‘delayed SMS’ and ‘auto SMS’ turned up a couple of apps, but the reviews were not encouraging.

If we had more details on what you are trying to accomplish we might be able to suggest other apps or solutions.

TERMS:

iMessage is Apple’s message service, and only works between Apple devices and computers.

SMS is the text message service that works through your celluar provider, and works between almost all cell phones.

Messages is Apple’s app that supports both iMessage and SMS. It will use iMessage by preference (blue text bubbles), and SMS when it can not (green text bubbles). That is, if SMS is enabled in Messages’ preferences.

Most reactions

Latest posts