What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saving web files

ronmoz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I opened up a PDF file on a web site that I wanted to save on my iPad. I have the PDF app and others but could not find or figure out how to save the file from the web to my iPad. Please help, I'm a newbie!!! Thanks.

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
try "sitetopdf", i just got it yesterday. and it is still free today when i check appshopper.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I opened up a PDF file on a web site that I wanted to save on my iPad. I have the PDF app and others but could not find or figure out how to save the file from the web to my iPad. Please help, I'm a newbie!!! Thanks.

When the PDF file is being displayed in Safari, touch the page and a little menu bar will briefly appear at the top. There you'll see a little 'curly arrow' icon. Touch that and it will offer you the option to 'Open in iBooks' and 'Open in...' if you have other apps that can read PDF files. Touch, say 'Open in iBooks' and the iPad will switch into iBooks and, after a wait of a few seconds, you'll see that PDF file there.

Hope that helps, but if there's still a problem don't hesitate to get back to us.

Welcome to the Forum.

Tim
Scotland

erinbarnes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
When the PDF file is being displayed in Safari, touch the page and a little menu bar will briefly appear at the top. There you'll see a little 'curly arrow' icon. Touch that and it will offer you the option to 'Open in iBooks' and 'Open in...' if you have other apps that can read PDF files. Touch, say 'Open in iBooks' and the iPad will switch into iBooks and, after a wait of a few seconds, you'll see that PDF file there.

Hope that helps, but if there's still a problem don't hesitate to get back to us.

Welcome to the Forum.

Tim
Scotland

I am unable to do this with the PDF link that I am trying to open. It is an internal link on a university class (D2L for Portland state) website. I Don't
Get the curly arrow to open in iBooks. After undocking it from the initial link I can only copy the "image". When i try to hold down on e link for options, it says "open" in a box that is titles "JavaScript".... Spool frustrated I can't use this like I need to odor school work.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you sure this is a PDF document? Also, some PDF documents are not compatible with iBooks. When you click on the link, are you saying it does download OK and you can view the document from within Safari?

Get back to us and we'll try and help.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts