What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saving photos from email problem /question

Reaction score
If I send a full resolution jpeg photo via email from my Incredible to my iPad it saves just fine. The problem is in November of last year Verizon pushed an update to Android phones limiting email attachments to 5 mb and my Vignette saves pictures as large as 10pm so I have to crop them to get them below the 5pm limit.
This is where it gets weird, anything sent from the Inc that has been cropped, even though it is the same jpeg format, will not save. A box with "jpg" is the only thing saved.
Are there any settings on the iPad I can change? I'm going to try sending them to photobucket then grabbing from there and see if that's a work around but I'm stumped as to why it is happening
Thanks for any advice you have to offer as to why it does it and how to solve it

Support Our Troops!!
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.
You read it correctly, iPad and Tapatalk muhahaha! :D

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same thing happen b4. U just have to keep trying or make sure to press the box in the email to download. Might be formatting issues. Photbucket might be ur best bet. Isn't there a hack for rooted android's to remove that email attachment sender?
Its like the iPad also. Imthink u can't email nuthin larger thn 20mb or somethin from the iPad. I triedmto email frond a 75 mb file from iPad and i got that message b4, that I exceeded the limit.
Or u could cut the resolution or quality down a bit so the files won't be so large on the photos.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I've got DropBox on both my phone and iPad. It's a convenient way to send photos to the iPad. Don't even have to open the DropBox app on the Droid X, since it automatically shows up in the Share choices in the photo app.

This also bypasses the email size restrictions on photos, though you might want to consider waiting until you have a wifi connection. 3G can take a long time to deal with large files and long transfers aren't exactly battery friendly.

Too bad the Photo app on the iPad doesn't directly support DropBox or webDAV. But using DropBox or GoodReader to download the picture and then open it in the Photo app works well enough.

OP
Mountainbikermark
Reaction score
Photobucket works.I can send the full size up ,I don't need full file size down. Its just frustrating that the picture that has been cropped (resize only, crop full picture and it just shrinks the file size) will download fine, just wont save to the ipad.
Thank y'all, didn't know if there was a photo editor that let me change the format like I can on my desktop so it will save

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved.

Most reactions

Latest posts