What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saved Photos from Google Image Search

3waveguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi from new IPAD owner,
My wife is making a kids program and sees very clear images on IPAD in the google search and then presss on the image and says save. It saves them to IPAD but when she views them in the saved folder they are poor resolution. Does anyone know why this is and how to fix it?
Thanks,
Michael

Ed62

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is a wild guess, but is she saving the thumbnail or the full size version of the image? It seems that if she saved the full size image, it might be more palatable.

OP

3waveguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HI, I checked and no she is saving the full picture. She said they look great in the browser but when viewed from saved photos they are grainy. She get national geographic pictures and they are excellent quality in browser and in saved photos.
Strange?

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not at all strange

She is saving vastly reduced size and quality thumbnails. If you try to look at those any larger than a dime size their resolution is totally gone.

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Make sure that she is clicking "View Full Size Image" and saving that larger picture. I've done this many times and there is zero quality loss.

OP

3waveguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I think it was user error as when I followed the click on full size image for the exact picture that rendered poor resolution, and saved it, I got a beautiful clear picture.
Thanks again!

Most reactions

Latest posts