What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saving New Quick Office Pro Hd files with iOS8.0, or 8.2

Reaction score
Since I loaded iOS 8 and 8.2, I can not save Quick Office Pro HD files. Tried the free Google free offer which works but I do not know how to access all my quick Office Files. Would prefer to stay with Quick Office as it seems to offer more flexibility. Advice wilol be appreciated.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I was going to say, check with the developer to see if/when the are updating to iOS 8. But, it's one of the few apps on the store without a link to a support site.

If I remember, QuickOffice was purchased by Google, and much of it's functionality was recently added to the Google's apps. It may never see an iOS 8 update.

But that's just a guess. The last update was 3 Sep 2014, so someone is at least maintaining it for bug squashes.

If you can still email documents, you can try emailing them to yourself, and then seeing if you can use Open In to open them in the Google apps.

Good luck.

OP
V
Reaction score
I was going to say, check with the developer to see if/when the are updating to iOS 8. But, it's one of the few apps on the store without a link to a support site.

If I remember, QuickOffice was purchased by Google, and much of it's functionality was recently added to the Google's apps. It may never see an iOS 8 update.

But that's just a guess. The last update was 3 Sep 2014, so someone is at least maintaining it for bug squashes.

If you can still email documents, you can try emailing them to yourself, and then seeing if you can use Open In to open them in the Google apps.

Good luck.

Mr. Twerppoet, I do want to thank you for your response. You are correct that QuickOffice sold to Google. That may be part of the problem. It is true that I can email all of my files to Google word and excel but that is really inconvenient.

To tell you the truth, I feel violated since I paid for QuickOffice, it met my needs and i really liked what it would do for me. And now throught some quirk, I can not use what I paid for. If I had known this was going to happen, I would have never "upgraded to iOS8." Actually upgrade seem to be the wrong word for this new product. I would like to go back to what I had if that is possible. Will be talking to Apple soon and then will see. Maybe I will have to pay and pay and pay for MicroSoft Office for my iPad. Have you had experience with that?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
In the long run, I believe you will be happy to have upgraded to iOS 8. It will take a while for developers to take advantage of the new features, but it will be worth the current inconveniences. If you made any mistake it was in upgrading a bit early, but in this case it would only have been putting off the inevitable.

Once QuickOffice was purchased by Google, it had a limited life. I'm surprised it lasted this long, and who knows, maybe they will update it for iOS 8. Google is unpredictable.

I don't have any personal experience with an Office 365 subscription, but what I've seen of the Microsoft apps in their free mode is encouraging. The feature set is comparable to the iWorks suite, which is pretty much the gold standard on the iPad. While you'll have to re-learn the interface I'm sure you can accomplish far more with them than you could in QuickOffice.

At the very least, you're not going to fined anything with the same level of compatibility with Office. And $70 a year for the personal subscription isn't all that painful when you consider that you won't have to pay for updates. Keep in mind that Office 365 includes the use the software on a computer and the web apps.

Still, there are other third party Office compatible apps, and perhaps you should give them a try. Most offer a free, limited, version.

Good luck.

Most reactions

Latest posts