What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saving/Moving Pictures

trapper99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

I am fairly new to Ipad. I searched this site and did not see an answer. I get my email through Gmail and I want to know if I can move/save my attached pictures to the Photo Icon of the Ipad9 (or anywhere on the Ipad) . If it can be done, can you please tell me the steps.

Thanks very much.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Trapper99 - welcome to the forum! :) And BTW - wish that I owned an iPad9 - ;) :D

Well, I'm using Yahoo Mail but assume that Gmail would be similar - not sure if your messages w/ the photos show the images on screen or as file attachments, but if 'on screen', simply press on the photo until a 'pop up' menu appears, several options are present which will permit you to save an image (or multiple ones) to the native Photo app of the iPad - these will appear in the 'Camera Roll' when that app is opened - give it a try and let us know if all goes well; if not, please post back w/ further information - good luck!

OP
T

trapper99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
Thanks for the help. I held down the attachment image as well as the full-sized image and I can not get a menu to open at all. Is there an app that takes care of this kind of function?
Thanks.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sorry, Trapper99 - that is the usual way to say images to your 'Camera Roll' - let's do a simple maneuver if not already done, i.e. 'Restart' and if not successful 'Reset' the iPad - instructions HERE -then, try again; if this step(s) does not solve your problem, please post back to this thread - good luck! :)

OP
T

trapper99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found the issue. If I use the Gmail app, the save ability does not appear when the picture is tapped. If I go into Gmail through the email app on the Ipad, the function is available. Thanks very much for all your help!!

nybeachman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an Ipad II.
I recently updated the operating system and started using The Cloud and Photo Sync
My problem is that now when I am tryting to save an image from Safari it saves the last image I synched with my PC.
I already triedn resetting the IPad and also turning off sharing on the PC, deleting the Cloud filed and then turning off the cloud on the IPAD.
The problem continues.
No matter what I do, I can no longer save images from Safai

Most reactions

Latest posts