What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saving files to ipad

shuttlegoose

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Alright so I just got keynote and I have a question about saving files and viewing them. My teachers have all of their power points online and I would like to be able to save them to my iPad so i can view them during class without needing an Internet connection if that makes sense.

For example, download the presentation from blackboard, save it to my iPad, and then view it later or during class even if I don't have an Internet connection.

Can this be done?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Alright so I just got keynote and I have a question about saving files and viewing them. My teachers have all of their power points online and I would like to be able to save them to my iPad so i can view them during class without needing an Internet connection if that makes sense.

For example, download the presentation from blackboard, save it to my iPad, and then view it later or during class even if I don't have an Internet connection.

Can this be done?

No problem! If the presentations are on-line then use iPad's Safari and navigate to the URL where the PowerPoint presentation is located. After Safari has loaded the presentation (might take a while if it's a big presentation) it will (briefly) offer you the option 'Open in Keynote' in the top right-hand side of the presentation. If you're not fast enough to 'catch' this option, tapping the presentation will cause it to appear again. Click and the iPad will switch to Keynote and will display that PowerPoint file. It will be saved in the Documents area of Keynote. Repeat for all your other PowerPoint presentations.

Now you can view them all off-line.

Have fun.

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions

Latest posts