What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saving a keynote file to a PC laptop as a PowerPoint file

Laurieshields

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In order to transfer a Keynote presentation from my IPad to my pc laptop I've been trying to share via email or itunes as a Powerpoint. As a Keynote file it makes the transfer but of course the Keynote file won't run on the pc. Trying to save it as a PowerPoint the file closes halfway through sending to itunes and takes me back to the desktop. The same thing happens if I try the same thing using email.

In desperation I've downloaded Dropbox. But I can't see any way of transferring the file from the IPad to the pc with this and it would only be any good if it was converted to a PowerPoint file so that the pc can be plugged in to the projector.

Please can someone help?

:confused:

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've moved your thread to our Help Section where you will receive a better response.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can get files from the iWorks apps to DropBox, but it is complicated. Take a look at the SMEStorage site, and search for the same here on the forum.

For your immediate solution I recommend a free Box.com account. Once you have the account search and check out where they talk about their WebDAV server. You can use this to import and export files from iWorks using the WebDAV option.

On the laptop you'll go to the Box.com site and download your files from the browser.

Also:

If the Presentation is really big, it could be a time out problem. Try going to Settings > General > Auto-lock and turning it to never. Remember r to change it back to a more reasonable setting afterwards.

OP
L

Laurieshields

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for that info, I'll give it a try.

Apple give you the option of copying to iTunes as a PowerPoint, but that never seems to work, which is a pity because it would be an easy way to do the transfer.

I've just looked on the share menu, and can see the option to copy to WebDAV, so will give that a try.

Thanks again for your help.

Most reactions