What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Satellite Tracker?

LTCSZ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone have a recommendation for a really good satellite tracking app? I have tried several but haven't found a truly satisfactory one. Thanks.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There are several astronomy apps that show satellite positions as one of their features.
Star Walk is one of them and I used it a couple of days ago to find and watch the ISS pass overhead.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
What's your use case for the tracker. As SciFan said, Star Walk will show satellites; there is even a search mode for them. It should work fine for spotting.

However if you need an app for something like line of site tracking, like for Amateur Radio satellites, you'll probably want something like GoSatWatch. I just downloaded this, and it looks pretty good. As good as anything I used back when I was playing with PACKET radio and satellites. Admittedly, that was quite some time ago.

Yes, $9.99, but it appears to be a quality app. Good reviews, and I like the options I've played with so far.

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I remember reading about SpyMeSat some time ago in the news. I have no use for it but it did look interesting. Found under iPhone only.

Most reactions

Latest posts