What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Satellite broadband problem with iplayer

andysmfc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have satellite broadband in my house so in turn my iPad, laptop etc think they are in Italy as that is where the dish pings to .. As a result of this I can't use iplayer and similar things as it says not available outside the UK Anyone know a way of me tricking my iPad into thinking its in the UK. Even tho it is ..?

scotland66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
andysmfc said:
Have satellite broadband in my house so in turn my iPad, laptop etc think they are in Italy as that is where the dish pings to .. As a result of this I can't use iplayer and similar things as it says not available outside the UK Anyone know a way of me tricking my iPad into thinking its in the UK. Even tho it is ..?

I'm in Austria, and can trick my iPad with a VPN to thinking its in gb, so I'm able to watch bbc iplayer, itv, channel 4...
I do though have normal broadband, not sure but would think you could set up a VPN with sat broadband. Hope you have success.
Just google: VPN iPad uk

Last edited:
OP
andysmfc

andysmfc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scotland66 said:
I'm in Austria, and can trick my iPad with a VPN to thinking its in gb, so I'm able to watch bbc iplayer, itv, channel 4...
I do though have normal broadband, not sure but would think you could set up a VPN with sat broadband. Hope you have success.
Just google: VPN iPad uk

I'll give that a go. Thanks

Most reactions