What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sara - Siri por jb devices

Gzoladz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi was surprised not to see anything on the forum, but there is a new "siri" available on cydia for non iphone 4s devices. It is called Sara, it is very easy to set up and it works pretty well.

I have been playing with it for hours and I am really impressed.

I dont think I can put links here, but if you google it you will find it very easily.

whodaman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great catch! Works great other than its an iphone app and some of the features don't work on the ipad. I have an ipad 2 with 3G and whenever i ask for directions it says turning on gps and doesn't actually give them. Other than some minor glitches, its a great, legal alternative to siri. Just search sara siri alternative to find the source to add to cydia and you're in business.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
One of the reasons we are VERY cautious around Siri ports and clones here at iPadForums and iPhoneForums, are the issues around BOTH legality and privacy.

Whilst technically Sara looks like a very good alternative to Siri (notwithstanding the current problems they are suffering due to popularity), you are putting a lot of trust that all the information you are sending to their servers (whoever "they" may be and wherever in the world their servers may be hosted) is being handled responsibly.
Folks need to understand the privacy risks involved and make up their own mind, but until the situation with sara is a bit more transparent, a recommendation from the Hacking Section won't be forthcoming for now...

Hope that clarifies.

whodaman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
One of the reasons we are VERY cautious around Siri ports and clones here at iPadForums and iPhoneForums, are the issues around BOTH legality and privacy.

Very good points, for sure. The legality seems to be ok as it's its own entity and It doesn't appear to be using any Siri ports. My question is with security. Where's the risk as only basic local functions work on the iPad, not messaging, gps options, or calendar things. I really don't want to put myself at risk and if you believe I'm playing with fire, its out of here. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts