What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Salut! from Mobile Read.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I'm a regular on Mobile Read, my username there is "yvanleterrible".

Anyone I know from there say hello, I'd like to see you!:)

I read ebooks on a Sony 500, one of the early adopters. So when rumors of an Apple book reader came to the mill I had to investigate and here I am. Magazines will be awesome on that device.
I was very surprised to see how both forums are so similar, it makes me feel quite at home.

I've been an Apple enthousiast since the very first Mac 512 in 1984 and this iPad makes me feel just as passionate as I felt then.

Looking forward to the iPad with all of you.

rudeman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to the iPad Forum. The ebooks you have on your Sony reader. Do you know if they will work on the iPad or iPod Touch?

Do you have any books from the following authors? Vince Flynn, Patricia Cornwell, John Grisham or Dan Brown?
:D

OP
iVan

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to the iPad Forum. The ebooks you have on your Sony reader. Do you know if they will work on the iPad or iPod Touch?

Do you have any books from the following authors? Vince Flynn, Patricia Cornwell, John Grisham or Dan Brown?
:D
They will not work. They're in .lrf format. Only Sony uses that.

In the newer Sonys the will mostly use epub.

Sorry!

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I'm a regular on Mobile Read, my username there is "yvanleterrible".

Anyone I know from there say hello, I'd like to see you!:)

I read ebooks on a Sony 500, one of the early adopters. So when rumors of an Apple book reader came to the mill I had to investigate and here I am. Magazines will be awesome on that device.
I was very surprised to see how both forums are so similar, it makes me feel quite at home.

I've been an Apple enthousiast since the very first Mac 512 in 1984 and this iPad makes me feel just as passionate as I felt then.

Looking forward to the iPad with all of you.

Welcome to the site!:)

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome here Ivan, we already have some Apple hater or suspicious about the Ipad success but a reallt small quantity :)

The E-book side of the Ipad will participate a lot of is success (i guess)

OP
iVan

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome here Ivan, we already have some Apple hater or suspicious about the Ipad success but a reallt small quantity :)

The E-book side of the Ipad will participate a lot of is success (i guess)
Thanks for the welcome. I'm happy to be here.

There are Apple haters everywhere but they are fewer on a dedicated space like this one.

The book market will be strong for the iPad albeit Apple waited too long to get in, "The early bird catches the early worm", they say.
There is an impressive number of dedicated ebook readers that are quite decent and that cater to that market already.

But... does Apple realize that the iPad is physically the best magazine reader ever? Personnally I can't wait to see interactive magazines. Yes, some websites are like that already but you're stuck with a captive computer for that. Have you ever tried to bring a laptop in bed for a good read? I'm just itching to get 'Fine Woodworking' and 'Homepower' magazines on the iPad...

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to iPadForums iVan! Thanks for the post over on MobileRead, we really appreciate you spreading the word!

OP
iVan

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to iPadForums iVan! Thanks for the post over on MobileRead, we really appreciate you spreading the word!
My pleasure and thank you iDan!

I just noticed your signature, are you one of those enterprising software developpers that managed to secure a device for testing?

I know you probably can't answer any questions but this one is a dealbreaker for me: Can you print a document directly from the iPad?
A PM answer will do!:)

Most reactions

Latest posts