What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Safari not working

eddap

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My safari is not working properly all of a sudden! I can use the address bar and google just fine and it takes me to the pages I want to, but I can not do anything else! The pages have a gray hue over them, I cannot scroll, I can not use the bookmarks icon or tabs or anything... And it looks like the "bookmarks bar" is down, even though the safari settings on my ipad show that it is off. Maybe this is something really simple, but I didn't do anything and now I am seriously pissed off! I hope you can help me!

ipadder474

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My safari is not working properly all of a sudden! I can use the address bar and google just fine and it takes me to the pages I want to, but I can not do anything else! The pages have a gray hue over them, I cannot scroll, I can not use the bookmarks icon or tabs or anything... And it looks like the "bookmarks bar" is down, even though the safari settings on my ipad show that it is off. Maybe this is something really simple, but I didn't do anything and now I am seriously pissed off! I hope you can help me!

Have you tried re-booting the iPad?

OP
E

eddap

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hehe no... How do I do that? Sincerely, ipad noob

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
eddap said:

Might be that on the site you visited there is a popup (however it is called, whichever tecnique is used - the one which just appears in front of the web site itself) that needs to be closed. Try to pinch (zoom out) to see more.
Also might work to enter the multitask bar and close safari, the start the app again (accessing the multitasking dock: double press the home button or 4finger swipe up, close the app by tap and hold the app until it twiggles, press the red dot)

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
eddap said:

Rebooting: press the power and the home button at the same time until (after switching off) the Apple appears on the screen - should be done monthly to clear the cache etc...

Sorry - what I described was the reset!

Last edited:

ipadder474

iPF Novice
Reaction score

At the top of your iPad you will find a small bar push it in and hold it till you see a notice on screen slide to shut your iPads system down . slide it then wait till screen is blank, then push the bar again hold till you see the Apple on screen soon it will restart and be re-booted.
This may or may not be of any help with your problem.

OP
E

eddap

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you guys so much!! Rebooting worked like a charm ;)

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
eddap said:
Thank you guys so much!! Rebooting worked like a charm ;)

Please do not post twice on the same issue, as per Forum Rules!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
E

eddap

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry about that! Nobody was answering me on the other thread and it was kind of an emergency...

Most reactions

Latest posts