What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Safari not working properly

NashvilleTN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone ever had a problem with Safari on their iPad where it will still search or go to a website using the address bar, but the webpages are dark and don't respond to touch? Also the bookmarks and new screen buttons don't respond to touch. The rest of the iPad seems fine, but I am unable to use the internet. Any ideas?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum! :)

For a starter, I would suggest that you 'Force Close' Safari, i.e. double tap the home button (or use multi-fingering gesturing) to open the multitask bar at the bottom of the screen; find the Safari icon - press and hold until all begin to jiggle; then press the 'minus' sign on Safari; return to the home screen and try again.

Not sure that going into Safari settings would be helpful, i.e. 'Clear History' and remove 'Cookies and Data', w/ the issue you describe, but often another suggestion. Finally, you could 'Reset' or 'Restart' the iPad - directions HERE if unfamiliar w/ the steps. Good luck and please post back your results - might help others!

OP
N

NashvilleTN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That worked (the force close)!!! Thank you!!! I didn't even know about the force close. Thank you again!!

DogMa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just the double click on the home button and Safari opened for me. Thank you so much.:eek:

Most reactions

Latest posts