What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Safari Issues

MDLR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey y'all 1st post....Lovin the forum

Anyone have issues with Safari freezing up in any of the following ways:

1 Can't click any links even after page loads
2 Entire screen turns tinted black and stays this way...nothing is clickable
3 Can't open bookmarks icon to click to another page when safari freezes
4 Can't click into google to navigate to another page when safari freezes

:confused::confused::confused:

Whenever any of these issues happen I usually shut down the iPad ad turn it back on...hardly an acceptable fix

Any input/advice is appreciated!

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sounds like you are stuck in copy/edit mode?

Try a soft-reset. Close all apps then - Hold down the HOME, bottom button, and the SLEEP, top button, for about 10 seconds until the Apple icon appears. Allow it to reboot, it may take a few minutes, don't panic like I did, wait for it to reboot. Cures many weird problems on iOS devices.

IpadfanDan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
soft reset

I also found that soft reset helped me with my problem. I could only get in about 50 entries in my contact list. I called the apple store and told them my problem...the contact book should hold more than 50 or so, right? He told me about the soft reset "cures many things" he said.

It worked !!
Now I can put in more contacts, no problem.

Just thought I'd put in my two cents...Love the forum, by the way.

Dan

OP
M

MDLR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your input guys....soft reset worked...this was the only thing about iPad that was really annoying me...

Most reactions

Latest posts