What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Safari Google search box: how to clear after search

Contaygious

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please help. The seach box is really annoying because it always looks like it's empty, but then I click it and I am typing text after my last search. How do you get it to clear after a seach? Why would I want to search the same thing twice?

City

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmm.. Just delete the past search in the box. If you are using your iPad, I recommend you get the app for this site. I'm sure the search will work better on that.

5er driver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Clear the History folder in Bookmarks, that will clear the search history as well. Close and reopen Safari after deleting the history, the search box will be empty.

Sent from my iPhone 4S or iPad 3rd gen, whichever I happened to have in my hands at the time, using iPF.net

Last edited:

astonblake

iPF Noob
Reaction score
just delete your history from your bookmark.Hope so it will be helpful.

valinrace

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Its dumb of me that I have encountered the same problem. Thanks for the help guys.

Welsh girl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
INMY01TA said:
I usually clear the history from the "settings" app that it came with. Settings>safari>clear history.

That was brilliant! Worked, all the annoying history gone. Thank you.

Dan1231

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think anyone has answered this question.

What the OP is asking is, when he opens a new tab in Safari and tries to type into the search box that appears empty, it is not empty but contains the text of his last search thereby meaning he has to manually delete this text when the ideal thing to happen would be for the box to actually be empty so that he could make the new search without having the extra step of deleting text he doesn't want again anyhow.

I have the same problem. It may be to do with Google suggestions?

Most reactions

Latest posts