What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Safari Download Manager stopped saving files?

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ay of you having this problem?
SDM downloads but does not save the file. When I search for it in iFile there's nothing.

OP
RudyL90

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And suddenly I am also not able to download any Apps from the Appstore anymore.
Error: "Unable to download application. Will be able for download when you log in on iTunes Store on your computer."
Suspicious?
I have read some things about folder permission on the web, tried several things. But nothing solved the problem.
Anyone?

sutty0000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've experienced something like this before. I was running on a public Wi-Fi connection in Spain. :/

OP
RudyL90

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
What model, iOS version, an jb are you running? Details help! :)

iPad 2 iOS 4.3.3 jailbroken with jailbreakme.com
But...
I don't know how... Just changed the settings of some random folders... And now it is working fine again!
Weird!!
Stupid thing is I don't remember exactly what I did. Maybe someone knows what I must have changed?

OP
RudyL90

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Found the solution for solving both the problems with iTunes store and Safari Download Manager.
Apperently iTunes uses the Download directory when installing an application.
For those who have this issue;

Use iFile or SSH into your device. Open up the "File Attributes" of the /var/mobile/Media/Downloads directory and make sure that under "Acces Permissions" next to "user" there is Execute, Write and Read.

When I download something with Safari Download Manager, it somehow makes "Write" dissappear for me.
Don't know why...

Most reactions

Latest posts