What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Safari download manager problem

Ahmedalhawati

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I have recently Jailbroken my Ipad 2 working on lOS 5.1.1, I downloaded Safari download manager from cydia
successfully but when I went to safari itself it didnt work, every time i open safari it opens for about 2 seconds and
Closes by itself. I removed safari download manager and safari went back to normal and worked properly, I assume
That the problem is in Safari download manager. So i need help to download it without facing this problem.

Ps: As I mentioned above I am working on IOS 5.1.1

followthesapper

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Same problem here. As the Jailbreak is pretty new, I will wait and see if an update appears. Intelliscreen X is giving me problems as well :(

Skedon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lol why download them they both state that thy dont work with 5.1.1 unless you downloaded them from a pirate repo your gonna
Have to wait till they get updated i mean give them a chance the havk was released 2 days ago

ChooChooMike

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I have recently Jailbroken my Ipad 2 working on lOS 5.1.1, I downloaded Safari download manager from cydia
successfully but when I went to safari itself it didnt work, every time i open safari it opens for about 2 seconds and
Closes by itself. I removed safari download manager and safari went back to normal and worked properly, I assume
That the problem is in Safari download manager. So i need help to download it without facing this problem.

Ps: As I mentioned above I am working on IOS 5.1.1

Same issue today (6/20/12) with "new" iPad, ok iPad3 with 5.1.1. Loaded Safari d/l manager and it horribly crashed Safari, hosed up the rest of the iPad too. Weirdly, it put it in a low-resolution screen mode too, maybe that was safe mode ? Anyway, I rebooted into Safe mode, deinstalled d/l manager, rebooted, resprung, etc. and all came back ok, except for Safari lost the open tabs I had going.

Sounds like we won't see an update for a while ??

Mike

yof

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Safari Downloader Manager is a ios 4.x Application atm.

Use Safari Download Enabler. That's ios 5.x

Most reactions