What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Failure of iPad to connect to internet or email

WTK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am experiencing intermittent interruptions of my ability to connect to both my email account and the Internet through Safari. These interruptions often last a couple of hours, but most recently over 24 hours before resuming connection. I have been running a separate iPad simultaneously from the same location, using the same search addresses, 3G access and email account without experiencing the problem. Does anyone have some ideas?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Not if he is running two iPads side by side on the network and only having problems with one.

Try powering down and or a soft reset.

Also, go to the problem iPad's WiFi settings and tell it to forget the network. Then add it again.

When things start acting a bit weird, it's a good idea to completely shut the iPad off and restart. You should probably do this at least once a week (my unsupported opinion on frequency.)

Just hold down the power button for about three seconds. You'll get a power off slider. Go ahead and slide it off. Wait until the iPad completely shuts down and then restart it by holding down the power button for about three seconds again.

For more serious problems, when shutting it off doesn't work, you can do a soft reset. Hold down the power and home button for about 10 to 15 seconds, or until the Apple logo appears. Let go and wait for it to reboot. This will take a few minutes, so be patient.

Most reactions

Latest posts