What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Routine Maintenance?

LTCSZ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
is it necessary to perform any sort of routine maintenance on my iPad Air 2? Similar to the "CCleaner" type program used on the PC? If so, can anyone recommend a good app to use? Thanks a lot.

rasmith1959

iPF Novice
Reaction score
is it necessary to perform any sort of routine maintenance on my iPad Air 2? Similar to the "CCleaner" type program used on the PC? If so, can anyone recommend a good app to use? Thanks a lot.

I wouldn't worry about it. If the iPad starts acting weird, just turn it off and back on again. iOS devices are much better at managing memory than a Windows PC.

Roy

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Scottysize

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have a habit of double tapping the home screen and closing all open apps. It's my own OCD thing and I've been told that you really don't need to do that, but I just have to. It's my own personal Sheldon OCD issue:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I have a habit of double tapping the home screen and closing all open apps. It's my own OCD thing and I've been told that you really don't need to do that, but I just have to...........

Well, the above has been a commonly asked question for years - I only 'force close' an app if it is misbehaving - in fact, apps that are 'inactive' use little resources but keep tract of where you had left off, a plus when reopening the program. When an app is closed and reopened later, more battery drainage likely occurs - check Quitting All Your Apps in iOS Can Actually Worsen Battery Life for some discussion. Dave :)

Scottysize

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Like I said. It's an OCD thing for me. I understand it's not needed, but I can't help myself.

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The system does pretty much all of the housekeeping for you.. it's one of the reasons I love iOS :)

Most reactions

Latest posts