What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rotating an iPhone app?

jeongeun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found apps designed for iPhone does not rotate on my iPad3 running ios 6.1.3, jailbroken.
To use an iphone app when charging, I end up squeezing the cable on the bottom.
Is there any tweak that can rotate iPhone app on iPad?

Last edited:

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
iPhone apps can only be played on portrait or landscape mode according to the way they are developed. Actually, its the same for iPad apps. Its the developers choice whether you play in portrait or landscape orientation.

OP
J

jeongeun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPhone apps can only be played on portrait or landscape mode according to the way they are developed. Actually, its the same for iPad apps. Its the developers choice whether you play in portrait or landscape orientation.
Thanks for your reply. I put things awkwardly and led you to misunderstand. I'm just trying to run portrait mode iphone apps
to be in a portrait mode without being upsidedown
when I rotate the device (and when the home button is on the top!)

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
From Settings > General > use side switch to :

IF IT IS SET TO MUTE : perform an upward swipe from the bottom of the screen to bring up the control centre. The last button, in this case will be to toggle lock rotation. If it is enabled (highlighted white) switch it off and the app should rotate.

IF IT IS SET TO LOCK ROTATION : The side switch of the iPad should be toggled and switched off. Then, it should rotate.

If neither works, you can try a hard reset of the iPad. Press and hold the power and home button for 10-20 seconds until Apple logo appears. You will not loose any data or settings.

Another thing you could try before hard reset is force closing the app. Perform a four finger upward swipe to reveal the multitasking toolbar. Perform a single finger upward swipe to force close the required app.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

BTW, did you know you posted the thread in the wrong section of the forum? Its nothing related to hacking...

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well we can certainly fix that by simply moving the thread to the "Help" Section.

Simple mistake...Simple Resolution. :)

OP
J

jeongeun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well we can certainly fix that by simply moving the thread to the "Help" Section.

Simple mistake...Simple Resolution. :)
... No i was looking for a tweak that can rotate iphone app.

ObiJohnKenobi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I know exactly what you're talking about! If I have to be plugged in while in portrait mode then I always go upside down. Maybe someone else can jump in, but I have yet to figure out how to make the iPhone apps go right-side up when I rotate the iPad upside down. iMore has the best iPhone app I've seen for use on the iPad because it will rotate to landscape mode. But, even that one won't rotate in portrait mode. :(

OP
J

jeongeun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks abababababab for your kind advise.
Unfortunately, turning off the rotation lock does not seem to have effect...@.@

And I posted this issue to be advised with tweaks in fact...:p
I think I have to change the title maybe?

OP
J

jeongeun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know exactly what you're talking about! If I have to be plugged in while in portrait mode then I always go upside down. Maybe someone else can jump in, but I have yet to figure out how to make the iPhone apps go right-side up when I rotate the iPad upside down. iMore has the best iPhone app I've seen for use on the iPad because it will rotate to landscape mode. But, even that one won't rotate in portrait mode. :(

Totally! It feels ridiculous to feel uncomfortable about cable
simply because apps does not roatate, in this fancy IT world!

OP
J

jeongeun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So your iPad is jailbroken than? Your question and title does not appear that way.

Anyways...It's back to the original section.
Yes mine is jailbroken.
Sorry. I made many things unclear... I editted my original questions.

Last edited:

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes mine is jailbroken.
Sorry. I made many things unclear... I editted my original questions.

No worry Jeongeun--I see that you have edited your post which will be helpful when more people come on to and see your thread. It makes it clearer.

Good Luck! :)

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, no, I've never come across a jailbreak tweak that will force an iPhone portrait app to be in portrait the other way (where the home button is at the top). This includes ones for iPhone, too, not just those that work/run on the iPad.

I guess developers figure that the iPhone doesn't rotate in portrait mode, so they don't have the iPad do it either. Given that most iPhones are held when using them versus iPad that are not necessarily held...

Not to say that there isn't a need for it, or that it'd be a nice to have feature. I just haven't seen anything...

Ma

Most reactions