What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rivalry between iPhone and Samsung

Victoria022

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Iphone and Samsung's rivalry has been one of the hottest news a couple of years already. As users of these products, what opinions do you have for the rivalry of these companies?

Please feel free to speak out your mind.

Thanks.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like both, for different reasons. Neither does everything I want.

I switched to a Samsung Galaxy Note 5" phablet after three generations of iPhone because I wanted a larger phone. iPhone will not get me back as a customer without upsizing. If it does go bigger, I'm open to switching back. Price is not a consideration; I want choice, and if Apple doesn't offer it, others will.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't particularly care who makes the products I buy. If a product works for me, I buy it. If the company wants to waste its time and money squabbling with another company, that's fine by me, and it doesn't affect me.

I mean, what is Apple, really? Just a supplier of electronics. Nothing to get worked up about.

If I want a coffee, I go into the nearest coffee shop. I don't care whether it's Tim Hortons or Starbucks, and I certainly don't analyze the relationship between the two companies while I'm making my purchase.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't particularly care who makes the products I buy. If a product works for me, I buy it. If the company wants to waste its time and money squabbling with another company, that's fine by me, and it doesn't affect me.

I mean, what is Apple, really? Just a supplier of electronics. Nothing to get worked up about.

If I want a coffee, I go into the nearest coffee shop. I don't care whether it's Tim Hortons or Starbucks, and I certainly don't analyze the relationship between the two companies while I'm making my purchase.

I vote for Tim's for coffee and treats, and Starbucks for chai!

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If I were in the market for a new HDTV, Sammy would be at the top of my list. For a phone, I'm not so sure. Right this moment, I'd look at the HTC One, even though HTC is the company that drove me to the iPhone in the first place. I'd have to forgive them for that blunder first. I tend to hold grudges against companies that I feel have delivered me a bad experience. I still have one agaisnt Canon, which is why I'm not buying their cameras these days. I'm not overly fond of the plastic design that Sammy is so into these days in the phone and tablet space. They charge premium prices, too, at least for tablets.

Truth be told, I should probably stick with my 4S for another two years after my contract is up on October. Other than audiobooks and occasional music listening, I'm not doing a whole lot with my phone these days.

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Iphone and Samsung's rivalry has been one of the hottest news a couple of years already. As users of these products, what opinions do you have for the rivalry of these companies?

Please feel free to speak out your mind.

Thanks.

Speak our minds, you say? Are you high or drunk? :D

Speaking MY mind leads to banning and that leads to curses cast upon the heads of the IPF for trying to still one of the most important voices of the 21st century. They (the IPF) have the full backing of the CIA and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the French Foreign Legion and I do not want to end up at Gitmo where there are no convienent WiFi connections.

So I'll speak a tiny part on my mind.

I love the S3. There, I said it. Samesong has a superior product. There, I said it. But I am speaking from my perspective. I prefer the S3 simply because of the larger screen. Only reason I find the S3 to be superior to the iPod Touch with Cellular capabilities. Or as I like to call it, the iPad Mini Mini without cellular.

Most reactions

Latest posts