What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Retrieve photo from iPad 2 wall paper

misterniceguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there,

One of my precious photo was put as ipad 2 wall paper and I lost the original file. I'm seeing this photo on wall paper and want to retrieve this photo somehow. Please could someone tell me where the wall paper is stored in ipad ? That photo is very very important for me .. :(

please please help !

regards,
Mr NiceGuy

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! There are a couple of apps in the App Store that claim to be able to allow you to get to some of the files on an iPad. One that comes to mind is called FileBrowser. I haven't used it so can't say if it lets you access the wallpaper files.

A work around might be to take a screen shot of the photo in question. Open your Settings App > Brightness and Wallpaper > Wallpaper. Tap on your photo and it will be shown full-screen. Hold the Sleep/wake switch at the top of your iPad and the Home button down at the same time and let go. A screen shot will be taken and it will appear in your Photos App. Then sync your iPad to your computer and grab the photo. More here:

Copying personal photos and videos from iOS devices to your computer

The downside is that the wallpaper toolbar appears across the top of the screenshot, but you could crop that if it doesn't alter your photo too much.

Hope that helps and perhaps others will have some ideas.

OP
M

misterniceguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks very much for quick reply Rich, that was indeed a very good work around. I will try that and let you know.

Any other ideas are also welcome

Thanks very much

regards,
MrNiceGuy

OP
M

misterniceguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I tried it, but it wont open the wall paper photo when I click on Setting->wallpaper , instead its prompting to choose different photo ! :(

Please any one help ...

regards,
misterniceguy

Most reactions

Latest posts