What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Retina Display would be BLAAAAAST.

Milanno

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am sure that viewing Full HD videos on iPad 3 will be pure enjoyment! That will be ideal solution for long trips!

Please watch this video in 1080p

Last edited by a moderator:

Milanno

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1080p content will become low def on the new screen. Where's that 1600p?

You are right :) Its time for 4K Video (starting from 2560×1600 and goes up to 4096×3112)

There is just one trick - if you want to look 4K video you must have ultra fast connection or massive storage on your iPad

YouTube published 5 videos in 4K - 4k Resolution - YouTube

Here is one example:

Adjust video quality to Original

Edit: And if you want to really look something like this on iPad you must have quad core in first place i believe

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Once you get past 1080p resolution, it is not going to be a big deal. Most people cannot notice any higher resolution and the demands of streaming that much data is not going to work as well. What is needed, is the improvement of the infrastructure to provide better streaming reliability.

Milanno

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Once you get past 1080p resolution, it is not going to be a big deal. Most people cannot notice any higher resolution and the demands of streaming that much data is not going to work as well. What is needed, is the improvement of the infrastructure to provide better streaming reliability.

On my computer HD videos from Vimeo loads much faster than from YouTube. I think Vimeo is on good way to get great streaming optimization for HD.

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am sure that viewing Full HD videos on iPad 3 will be pure enjoyment! That will be ideal solution for long trips!

Please watch this video in 1080p

@Milanno

I dont know when will I get my hands on the new iPad-3 once it is released. When will it be released in my part of the world. But if you get your hands first on the new iPad-3, make sure you check out this very same video on the iPad-3 and post your findings, feedback here, for everyone of us to know if they have really lived up to the expectation with the Display and Resolution of the iPad-3 :)

Gosh ! I wish, I could say this to Tim Cook please...Please do not have IGZO on the iPad-3 :thumbsdown:

Milanno

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@Milanno

I dont know when will I get my hands on the new iPad-3 once it is released. When will it be released in my part of the world. But if you get your hands first on the new iPad-3, make sure you check out this very same video on the iPad-3 and post your findings, feedback here, for everyone of us to know if they have really lived up to the expectation with the Display and Resolution of the iPad-3 :)

Gosh ! I wish, I could say this to Tim Cook please...Please do not have IGZO on the iPad-3 :thumbsdown:

I`ve already made little list of movies & videos that I will try on iPad 3 :)

Does anyone know how Full HD videos affect on battery life on iPad 2, I wanna know for comparison?

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I`ve already made little list of movies & videos that I will try on iPad 3 :)

No, I am saying this video that u have posted here The fighter aircraft Dog Fight just looks perfect, good enough, maybe u should try playing this same video on the iPad-3.

Does anyone know how Full HD videos affect on battery life on iPad 2, I wanna know for comparison?

Yup this is no brainer, higher the resolution more the battery it consumes hence also the talk about having more battery in the iPad-3 if the resolution is increased four times !

JimCarlin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What resolution is the iPad 2? I thought the display quality on that was phenomenal...

Milanno

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, I am saying this video that u have posted here The fighter aircraft Dog Fight just looks perfect, good enough, maybe u should try playing this same video on the iPad-3.
Of course my friend, that's why I posted it here ;)

What resolution is the iPad 2? I thought the display quality on that was phenomenal...
1024x768 & yes quality was great. Try to imagine it with 2048x1536 display :) :)

exile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Was retina display just confirmed?! I'm reading articles all over in the past hour of photos comparing the display of the 2 to the supposedly display in the 3 under a microscope. I want to provide a link to the article but that's not allowed right?

Just search around "ipad 3 confirmed retina display"

Most reactions

Latest posts