What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Restore of backup in itunes didnt restore as expected.

ranjb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

I am using the latest version of itunes on my Mac and recently did a backup and restore as i wanted to upgrade my ipad from 5.1.1 to 6 and i also wanted to JB it.

With itunes i have created a number of different profiles as I have an ipad, my wife as an iphone4 and also i have an ipod. So there are 4 profiles i have created and these are all stored on the local drive under music, itunes.

So when i started i opened the profile which i believed was my ipad profile. Itunes picked up the ipad and i performed a backup to computer. I then upgraded the software via itunes, performed the JB but found none of my most recent apps were on there, it was like it only did a settings backup as my mail, some folders and other settings were on there. So i went back into itunes and did a restore from backup, i didnt receive any errors when i did the restore but once the process was finished i still didnt have all my apps.

On investigation i looked in my itunes folder for the ipad profile and when i did a search for ipa files i found none in there. I then tried to run another backup but still they didnt appear in there.

I a trying to understand what i am doing wrong or whether itunes isnt working properly for me to do a backup, i am not receiving any errors back when performing a backup and unsure what is wrong here. I have checked the size of the folder and its only 100mb so i know its not backing up the apps, my ibooks as i have GB in there.

Any advice on this would be most appreciated. When i did my wifes iphone upgrade on here itunes profile, i had none of these issues.

Is there a way i can reinialise that profile and then try performing another backup to see if it works or would i be better deleting that profile and starting again?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using iPF

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So your apps are no longer in your iTunes library?

Regards.
From the iPad of Goofy8275, iPadForums.net user

Jamiew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i done the same done a jailbreak didnt really understand it all restored my ipad and tried to back up fron the backup i just done before jailbreak.

lost everything all my apps photos all my internet bookmarks etc still dont no what i have done wrong and fix it tried numerous resores wtc but nothing is there nothing stored directly on the pc so i can maybe look copy from there etc its a real pain.

OP
R

ranjb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
goofy8275 said:
So your apps are no longer in your iTunes library?

Regards.
From the iPad of Goofy8275, iPadForums.net user

No not in the itunes library for the ipad profile. If i access my wifes iphone profile all of her apps are there.

Its like they something wrong with the profile i have created for the ipad.

I am probably going to recreate the profile, try another backup and see what happens but thought i would ask the question in case some one says "have you tried this?"

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts