What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Resetting Security Questions

SPROINGY

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi All :)
I believe I need to reset my Security Questions in order to Verify My Identity. I go Settings->iCloud->Apple ID. This brings me to a 4 choice menu; the relevant one for this post's purposes is Password & Security. Tapping that brings me to the next 4 choice menu. The 2 choices of concern here are Change Security Questions... and, under the title RESCUE EMAIL ADDRESS (sorry about the use of caps; I used them because the menu does) is the hyperlink Add Email...

Tapping either of these brings up a Verify Identity box with 2 Security Questions I have misplaced the answers to, the result being that I can't access Change Security Questions or add a Rescue Email Address. I've tried every workaround I can think of, they all bring me back to the same Verify Identity box mentioned earlier in this paragraph.

So, I have to contact Apple Support. I've tried the number in the country I'm located in, but usually in the middle of the night; perhaps after their business hours, in any event English is neither widely nor well spoken here.

This led me to try to contact Apple Support in The States (and I gave them all the online information requested and received a case number). Call when you're ready! Well, the info I have for them is 1-800-275-2273, 7 am~10 pm Central. So, it would be 3 pm Central time now. But when I call, I get an automated message,"The number you have dialed is not assigned. Please check it and try again."

Of course this leaves me the option of calling the support number for the country I'm in during their unspecified business hours, which I will do. In the meantime, if any of you good people have thoughts/ideas I can try, I would be most grateful!

Thank you.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Sproingy - I'm not going to address your security question issue at this time, but is there a problem w/ you mentioning the country where you are? There may be members in the same locale who have gone through this problem and might have an answer. Now if you're some 'secret agent', then I can understand your reluctance - ;) Dave

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you get this option too?
image.jpeg

OP
S

SPROINGY

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi giradman, no problem stating my location, just didn't see the need. I'm in Thailand, going to Cambodia in a couple of days.

Hi J.A., yes, I get exactly what you posted in your first post in this thread. I tapped the 'reset security questions' link, got ' Sign in to your Apple ID account page' but it didn't load. I tried the two step verification option and was told it was not yet available to me, which is odd because it is available in Thailand, that's where I am, but not yet available in Cambodia, where I hope to spend many months... That could be a SNAFU. Better to get the security questions set up.

I also posted in discussions.apple.com, I have to follow that up.

I also have to call Apple Support, yes it's available here.

Thanks, both of you for your concern. :)

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    251.9 KB · Views: 248
  • image.png
    image.png
    185.8 KB · Views: 253
Last edited:
OP
S

SPROINGY

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Problem solved! I contacted the Support Team here, they have an English speaking dep't, and it was all done in minutes. Very helpful people, I had procrastinated because I was expecting it to be difficult.

Happy! :)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Problem solved! I contacted the Support Team here, they have an English speaking dep't, and it was all done in minutes. Very helpful people, I had procrastinated because I was expecting it to be difficult.

Happy! :)
I'm glad the problem is finally solved. Thanks for letting us know as it may help others with the same problem.

OP
S

SPROINGY

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Maybe I was lucky; Southeast Asians are often quite deferential to Westerners. OTOH, Apple's customer service has an outstanding reputation.

It's for sure I won't let this happen again!

Best Wishes to all for 2016 and beyond..! :)

Most reactions

Latest posts