What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Report Proves the iPad is More Than a Toy; Now Accounts for 91% of Enterprise Tablets

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Reaction score
enterprise-tablet-activations-stats.png

Although at home many of us know what a great time-waster and entertainment device the iPad can be, apparently it's good for more than just relaxing and fun & games. It's really good for productivity as well. A new report from mobile enterprise software vendor Good Technology claims that the iPad now accounts for 91% of all tablet use in the enterprise sector.

This figure was based upon enterprise tablet activations in the fourth quarter of 2013. Here's a quote with a few more statistics:
  • 46.8% of those activations where in the FINANCIAL SERVICES
  • 13.8% were in the BUSINESS & PROFESSIONAL SERVICES
  • 9.4% were in MANUFACTURING
  • The number is up slightly from last quarter
  • Only 8.6% of Enterprise Tablet activations were Android tablets
Sound off and let us know how you fit into these statistics. Do you use your iPad for productivity, fun or both?

Source: GOOD TECHNOLOGY (PDF)

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Although at home many of us know what a great time-waster and entertainment device the iPad can be, apparently it's good for more than just relaxing and fun & games. It's really good for productivity as well. A new report from mobile enterprise software vendor Good Technology claims that the iPad now accounts for 91% of all tablet use in the enterprise sector. This figure was based upon enterprise tablet activations in the fourth quarter of 2013. Here's a quote with a few more statistics: [*]46.8% of those activations where in the FINANCIAL SERVICES [*]13.8% were in the BUSINESS & PROFESSIONAL SERVICES [*]9.4% were in MANUFACTURING [*]The number is up slightly from last quarter [*]Only 8.6% of Enterprise Tablet activations were Android tablets Sound off and let us know how you fit into these statistics. Do you use your iPad for productivity, fun or both? Source: GOOD TECHNOLOGY (PDF)

I use mine for about 20% productivity and the rest for entertainment and gaming. However, I can see how iPads will keep infiltrating the workplace as we go along. As long as they keep adding key features and making them more productive tools then the share of them being used for work will keep going up.

dennisjmartinek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Been selling software to organizations, and have found that most of them have iPads, and, while originally a novelty that most businesses didn't know how to use, they're finally coming around!

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Been selling software to organizations, and have found that most of them have iPads, and, while originally a novelty that most businesses didn't know how to use, they're finally coming around!

I see this too. The theme park point of sale software we work on is starting to go into the "thin client" territory and the goal is for it to be run on tablets and phones. Crazy!

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I will create a thread for small business users whom wish to use an iPad successfully in business. It works for me and happy to share what apps I use and why I chose them... Look for this in next couple of weeks....

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Only reason I kept an iPad is for fun. Never used it for like education or buisness or in any productive ways. I see majority of people in my country who uses iPads or android tavlets use it for mostly fun, but I never thought it would be such a great productivity tool.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There are many ways to define productivity. Just reading worked related materials is being productive, I would say that I use my iPad more for productivity than anything else (and even though I have games, I rarely find time to play them). I don't like to watch movies on an iPad, either.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
To be totally honest I use the iPad for every thing.... The only and I mean only reason I have the MacBook is it holds our iTunes collection plus all photos from several years plus back up our 6 I devices including syncing an older Apple TV with all our music and Picts
..... This is all backed up of course.... To me the iPad is the most powerful easy to use device invented. It is not for every one however with the right apps and an understanding how to apply the apps to run your business using the iPad is a dream come true. I will be writing a review however in the meantime check out the new app call "Folders". Awesome still not perfect but amazing. This is just one of the apps I use along with informant , quick sale, boxer to name a few ...

Most reactions

Latest posts