What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Report: Apple to unveil iPad 2 on March 2

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So we are all waiting for any scrap of news and we have read about this email invite, and if it existed (probably does) I know there are some people working for apple that would leak it.
...if they want to lose their job!

LOL . . . that has never been a barrier before. Important info leaks out and from reading the web, it is info lots of folks want. I am sure there are leakers at Apple, too.

Bob
As someone here is so fond of saying --
...but I am anal about proof.

Let me see if I have this right... if someone else says something, you don't believe it unless you have proof, but if you say something, then we should just take your word for it? Its real easy to make your point or to win an argument if you just make stuff up!

the_john

iPF Noob
Reaction score
FWIW, I just saw on the news that Apple will be holding an "event" next week and it was centered around the latest version of the iPad. Channel 46 in Atlanta. Still won't believe it till I see it, but I'm going to hold on my purchase until at least then.

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, it's pretty obvious it's being announced next week. It's just a matter of the rest, but as has been said-in good time, all gets revealed!

tnbug

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wonder if it will be streamed? Anyone know of any links for live streaming?
Thanks.

Last edited:
OP
ThePhotog

ThePhotog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm going to consider purchasing one, if necessary I'll wait another couple months.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Some of the web sites will probably have a webcast. Right now, I keep hearing so many variations on the new iPad that I have no real idea of what will happen.

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
...if they want to lose their job!

LOL . . . that has never been a barrier before. Important info leaks out and from reading the web, it is info lots of folks want. I am sure there are leakers at Apple, too.

Bob
As someone here is so fond of saying --
...but I am anal about proof.

Let me see if I have this right... if someone else says something, you don't believe it unless you have proof, but if you say something, then we should just take your word for it? Its real easy to make your point or to win an argument if you just make stuff up!

First, I asked for corrections and I recall saying that this rumored iPad announcement was likely true and I might be wrong when I say it might not be announced. Second, the links I followed to various "insider" sites did not specifically say there would be an iPad announcement, just an assumption that this is what would be discussed at the iPad roll-out.

To be clear, I think Apple will make an official announcement about the iPad release and the reports were/are likely true. I have not seen the official invite email Apple sent out. I can't believe it would not have been posted by someone.

So for the record, again... I do indeed think the iPad will be announced. The little icon with an iPad peeking out often mentioned indicates this is likely. Also, the new Mac computers have been announced so we know those will not be a big part of the announcement.

Perhaps Mr. Jobs will announce his retirement from Apple or perhaps there will be something else announced. Maybe Apple has something kept ultra quiet that nobody expected. A new iPad is not really news, as we know it is coming. I also think when the iPad was first introduced, it took almost everyone by surprise.

I'll wait and see what I see and that's that.

Bob Maxey

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I heard they may be announcing iPhone 5 too....anyone else heard that?

If you scour through blogs and forums enough, eventually you'll hear everything. The question then becomes one of reliability vs personal fanboy wish-fulfillment fantasy.

Most reactions