What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Replying" to a message in Hotmail

laddie2day

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is the strangest thing.........
I have several Hotmail accounts that I access through Safari. I have no problems creating and sending NEW email messages within these accounts. All of a sudden (yesterday) I noticed that when hitting REPLY to an incoming message, the screen shifts to reply screen, but when you tap to begin writing a reply, nothing happens and in fact the onscreen keyboard does not appear. Any Ideas?

2nd. question. When trying to enter a new address in Hotmail that contains the "-" dash in the recipients name, none of the keyboard sets include this character.
Am I crazy?

stever

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is the strangest thing.........
I have several Hotmail accounts that I access through Safari. I have no problems creating and sending NEW email messages within these accounts. All of a sudden (yesterday) I noticed that when hitting REPLY to an incoming message, the screen shifts to reply screen, but when you tap to begin writing a reply, nothing happens and in fact the onscreen keyboard does not appear. Any Ideas?
You don't have a Bluetooth keyboard that was paired with the iPad at that time, do you?

When the BTKB is active, and in range, the onscreen keyboard does not pop up.

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try using the mobile hotmail. I had a problem forwarding an email from the full hotmail site and had some problems as well. The mobile site let me do anything without issues.

OP
laddie2day

laddie2day

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try using the mobile hotmail. I had a problem forwarding an email from the full hotmail site and had some problems as well. The mobile site let me do anything without issues.

I will try that later, but it was working just fine so I don't know what has changed?

Most reactions

Latest posts