What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reply emails problem

longshanks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I try to reply to a received email on my ipad 2 within plusnets webmail it includes all the HTM coding along with my text. Why is this ?
Regards

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Longshanks - welcome to the forum! :) I've never had that occur on my iPad 2; not sure which iOS version you have installed (will make a difference in my first recommendation), but when an app is misbehaving, I first go through the steps quoted below - close the Mail App & then enter the 'multitask screen' - 'Force Close' the Mail App and try again; if not helpful, then go down the list retrying after each - good luck and let us know if any of these maneuvers helps. Dave

When an app (or several) are misbehaving, I usually go through the following steps:

1. Force Close - open the multi-tasking bar (double tap the 'home buttom' or use multi-gesturing and swipe up):
a. iOS 6.x - press & hold an app until all begin to 'jiggle'; find the offending app(s) and press the 'red circle w/ minus sign' - return to the home screen & try again.
b. iOS 7.x - find the offending app - then press and drag to the top of the screen - return to the home screen & try again.

2. Restart - press & hold the 'Sleep/Awake' (a.k.a. power) button until a red slider appears (may take a few seconds) - move the slider to turn off the iPad; then press & hold the same button until the Apple logo appears - wait for a restart.

3. Reset - press & hold the 'Power' and 'Home' buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears - this may take a longer time, so have patience; the iPad will 're-boot' - NOTE that none of these maneuvers will alter your apps, files, or settings.

OP
L

longshanks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
Thanks for your reply, perhaps I should make myself a little clearer. I am accessing a second mailbox via my ISP's website's webmail facility this is were this problem occurs, my main mail I access via the ipads Mail app that's fine. I have contacted my ISP and they have not come across this problem before and suggested I contact Apple. I use IOS 6

Most reactions

Latest posts