What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Replacing a lost Ipad when travelling and restoring everything on a new ipad

kiwiinaussie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am going to be travelling for 6 months (with my ipad3 and no laptop). If I lose or break my ipad for some reason and buy another one, is it possible to download/restore (onto my new ipad) all the content, apps, photos, kindle travel guides etc etc that I had on my ipad when I left (which I will back up on itunes before I leave)? Could I log onto itunes anywhere in the world and do this? I assume not i.e. I assume that it needs to be the original computer that I backed up to? I do not use the cloud backup - is this the only way I can achieve what I am after. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Last edited:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you are backed up to a computer, then there is no way I know of that you can recover if you are on travel and away from the computer you backed up to.

carbrad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Use the cloud back up! It is amazing and your new device will set up just like the lost or broken one. Even the settings and lock screens come back down. You will be able to download and go

Most reactions

Latest posts