What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Removing arrow slider on left of screen.

Geezerbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As I am a new member stumbling along here I hope this is in the correct location and please bear with me on my terminology. My issue, last night I was looking through some of the information here on this web site. Inadvertently I taped something that caused/created a dim arrow on the middle of the left edge of the screen to appear. It is always there and if on another web site I tap on it, it then opens back to this forum. As I am left handed and scroll from the left side of the screen I want to remove it completely but have no idea how. I am using a iPad Pro, frist gen, iOS 15.1. Any help will be most appreciated.
Thanks, Bill

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There a few different multitasking features that can cause arrow tabs to show up on the edges of the screen, but most appear on the right edge, and I don’t know of any that would take you back to a previously open web page.

Are you using Safari, or a different web browser. If you can, I screenshot would help. Be sure there is no private data showing if/when you upload one.

OP
G

Geezerbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There a few different multitasking features that can cause arrow tabs to show up on the edges of the screen, but most appear on the right edge, and I don’t know of any that would take you back to a previously open web page.

Are you using Safari, or a different web browser. If you can, I screenshot would help. Be sure there is no private data showing if/when you upload one.
I’m using Safari with Duck Duck Go extension. It looks like it’s call Slide Over or something. It’s new to iOS 15.1 as that is the upgrade I recently installed. It is VERY frustrating for me as I’m left handed. I am struggling around and seem to have eliminated it in the Libby reading app and others but if I go into Safari it is there again and tapping on it gives me several options that I had been in previously. So it’s a shortcut of such. Again I wish Apple would at least give the user the option to enable or disable this thing along with many others. Let us choose if we want it.

OP
G

Geezerbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had a great session with an Apple support lady regarding the Slider Swipe. She walked me through the process to disable it OR to relocate it to the othe side of the screen.
Excellent Custer support. Very pleased.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ok. Slide Over is one of the multitasking features I mentioned. I misunderstood your explanation. When you said it took you back to the forum site, I thought it was doing so in the same Safari screen, not the Slide Over window.

It is actually very handy when you get used to how to use it. It normally works off the right side of the screen, but can be moved to the left.

Most reactions

Latest posts