What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remove metadata (Part 2)

Ulrich

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Since the other thread was closed... I do have a related and legitimate question about that subject.

Many moons ago, I downloaded an app from the App Store (Sand Slides -- a fun game if you have not tried it). I got it on one of their early-adopters' "free download for a day" deals. At some point they started putting advertisement banners into the game, which bugged teh hell out of me so I stopped updating to the new version(s). The game works just fine on my iPad as it is, thankyouverymuch.

So, to make a long story short, I have no interest in upgrading to a new version of an app I legitimately own, but of course it keeps showing up in my update list, and I am sure that at some point in time I will not pay attention and either press the "Update All" button or press the wrong "Free" button and get something I don't want. So is there a way to keep the app on the iPad but not have the update show up in the update notification list?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, no, not at this time. Not for stock or jail broke iPads. I couldn't find anything in Settings to turn it off (the App Store doesn't show up as an item for which you can opt to turn off Notifications).

For jailbroken iPads, there was a Cydia tweak (Update Hider) that worked on 4.2, but it states that it "does NOT work on 4.3 or higher."

AFAIK, it'll be an annoyance until you update it. Aint' Apple fun ... sometimes? :eek:

Marilyn

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It does work on 4.3.3. Trust me I know.
Edited by moderator ~

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions