What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remote iPad management

whodaman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I Know there are lots of apps that allow you to take control of a pc or Mac via the iPad. My question is are there any apps that work the other way? Either desktop to iPad or iPad to iPad. I work as an IT Pro in an environment with several iPads. My job would be much easier if I could help an iPad user without leaving my office as I can for pc's and Mac's. Thanks for your input.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I hesitate before saying "Impossible" but I suspect that what you are looking for doesn't exist, because the iPad is intended to be a single user device.

Some things are possible. Last night I installed an app on my son's iPad mini while I was 1000 kilometers away from it, but things like remote control of settings etc are just not possible.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, to control your iPad remotely (as an IT person - to work on iPads) is not possible with a stock iPad. There is a remote tweak called Veency - but it's only available for use on jail broken iPads. Sorry.

You could use an app called Tango Remote ($4.99, USD) but its only to change/use the music controls on another device on the same network (or hooked via Bluetooth).

Someone here mentioned that there is an office app that will allow you to control other iPads for a presentation (PowerPoint, I think). Unfortunately, I don't remember the name, nor do I think that is what you are looking for.

Apple has the iPad pretty well locked down as far as allowing another device to control it, for security reasons. Yes, and unfortunately, that makes an IT job harder. But, that's all we got. Sorry.

Marilyn

OP
W

whodaman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
Unfortunately, to control your iPad remotely (as an IT person - to work on iPads) is not possible with a stock iPad. There is a remote tweak called Veency - but it's only available for use on jail broken iPads. Sorry.

You could use an app called Tango Remote ($4.99, USD) but its only to change/use the music controls on another device on the same network (or hooked via Bluetooth).

Someone here mentioned that there is an office app that will allow you to control other iPads for a presentation (PowerPoint, I think). Unfortunately, I don't remember the name, nor do I think that is what you are looking for.

Apple has the iPad pretty well locked down as far as allowing another device to control it, for security reasons. Yes, and unfortunately, that makes an IT job harder. But, that's all we got. Sorry.

Marilyn

Thanks for the response. Though my iPad is jailbroke, the ones I need to maintain are newer with ios 6.xx. With the growing number of business users, it's too bad Apple does make a remote app for it. Hopefully they'll include it in the future. Seems it would open up the corporate world, lol.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iOS is supposed to be easy to use....maybe those employees should be tasked to learn it or leave....

Ok..just kidding. :)

You can send them here. :)

OP
W

whodaman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
iOS is supposed to be easy to use....maybe those employees should be tasked to learn it or leave....

Ok..just kidding. :)

You can send them here. :)

You would think so..... Not always true though. Lol

Most reactions

Latest posts