What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remote Desktop question

agilitygordons

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have Splashtop that will I can use with my home computer. What I want to do is use it in the classroom to run the computer--with the software for Power Point, Starboard, A TI graphing program, and another Math program. My iPad will connect and I can access everything, the problem is when I go to write using either the annotate in Power Points or using the Starboard program, the writing is really delayed. My equations come up after I've finished talking and they are really choppy looking.

Is this something that our IT department can do, or is there a setting I can use to help with the delay.
thanks, Susan N

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you connecting to the classroom computer over WiFi or 3G. Absolutely the responsiveness depends upon the bandwidth of the connection between the iPad and the PC that you're accessing as well as other factors that might delay the data between your iPad and the PC. So, yes, it would be wise to speak to your IT Department. They can run some tests to determine if there's an unacceptable delay by 'pinging' your iPad from the PC you're using. This 'ping' test sends a data packet from the PC to the iPad, which the iPad then immediately returns to the PC. That enables the PC to measure the network latency or delay and your IT guys and girls will be able to tell you if that's unacceptable.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts