What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remote Desktop app for iPad

Bill Cousert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are there any remote desktop apps that are adequate for gaming, assuming that the iPad is connected to a PC in the same room?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Given the control delays and awkwardness of the virtual mouse and keyboard used for remote desktop apps on the iPad, I can't image gaming this way. Even casual games would be frustrating.

If someone has come up with a way around it, I haven't heard of it.

That said, the only app I have any first hand experience with is Splashtop.

Why would you use the iPad for a PC game if you are in the same room with the PC? I'm sure you have a reason, but I'm not coming up with anything obvious, so it's got me curious.

Blue92

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I agree with twerppoet. I've used Citrix to a desktop but can't see using it for gaming.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I once used Splashtop to control FlightGear on my iMac. I managed to fly briefly, poorly, and with great difficulty. An interesting experiment, not something I'd ever try again.

Aerofly

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I too use Splashtop, and find it very handy for general Desktop work, but I've tried it for games and it's not very good.

Most reactions

Latest posts