What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

reinstall e mail account

voodoo66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Trying to Uninstall e mail account, I'm having trouble with btyahoo mail, so thought if I uninstalled it then reinstalled it, if I use safari to open my account it works fine but will not install as I have it on my i.pad, it must be simple ( but so am i ) but I cannot get it off ?? Can anyone help ?? Thanks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars. Tap on the the account under the ACCOUNTS header at the top, then select Delete Account.

This is also where you normally add a new account. From your description it sounds like you are trying to add the account via Safari. You can create a Safari shortcut to your Home screen this way, but all it does is open Safari to the website.

I think that last post I saw on installing the btyahoo account told people to use the Yahoo choice after you tap Add Account on the same settings page. But, I don't have btyahoo to experiment with, so I'm not sure.

OP
V

voodoo66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you, I have managed to reinstall the btyahoo account, only trouble now is I can se e the e.mails but I cannot open them must be something I have done but cannot figure out what ??

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Reset your iPad. This won't remove any settings or data.
To reset, press and hold Home and Power button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears. Let go of both. The iPad will power up on it's own.

Force closing the Mail app might also help:
Double tap the Home button to show the multitasking bar. Slide the thumbnail above the Mail app icon towards the top of the screen.

Hope that helps.

OP
V

voodoo66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Reset your iPad. This won't remove any settings or data.
To reset, press and hold Home and Power button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears. Let go of both. The iPad will power up on it's own.

Force closing the Mail app might also help:
Double tap the Home button to show the multitasking bar. Slide the thumbnail above the Mail app icon towards the top of the screen.

Hope that helps.
Worked a treat thank you very much.

Most reactions

Latest posts