What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reduce Picture size

Jolinmax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How can I reduce the size of pictures to send to a friend who is in a remote area and only has 2 GB . I attached pics. But she could not o pen them because they were too big .
Thanks for help

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
When you send them from the Photos app, you'll see ot's size next to your email address:
image.jpg

To send a different size, tap the number, and select the size you prefer:
image.jpg

When you send an image by inserting it in the Mail app, you'll find the same as soon as the image is added to the email.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
When you send them from the Photos app, you'll see ot's size next to your email address:
View attachment 63429
To send a different size, tap the number, and select the size you prefer:
View attachment 63430
When you send an image by inserting it in the Mail app, you'll find the same as soon as the image is added to the email.
This only works for photos taken with the camera on your device. Photos imported to your iPad from your computer or found on the web do not have this option.

OP
Jolinmax

Jolinmax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you. Yes when I tried Joanna's solution it did not give me the option. The photos I wanted to send are downloaded from my laptop to I pad.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I did some more checking and discovered that pictures imported to my iPad directly from my digital camera do have the sizing option when sending by email.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
...Photos imported to your iPad from your computer or found on the web do not have this option.
Thank you for the information!

I don't import images to my iDevices using iTunes, so I didn't know that.

OP
Jolinmax

Jolinmax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you Skifan I tried that with an image transferred from laptop to here and it worked. One more problem solved I think!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you Skifan I tried that with an image transferred from laptop to here and it worked. One more problem solved I think!
Thanks for the update. I'm glad your problem seems to be solved. Don't hesitate to come back if you have more questions.

Most reactions