What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Red dot next to webdav in Files?

Padcatt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
why is there a red dot next to webdav in Files? It’s like I’m being alerted to more files, but I don’t use webdav, and have only a cursory understanding of it.

Should I be using webdav?

thank you!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
WebDAV is a service for sharing files between devices and/or the internet. If it is showing in the Files app, then it was set up somewhere. I’m not sure what a red dot means. Perhaps that it is not set up correctly?

Are you seeing this when you open the Files app directly, or when you are browsing files in another app?

If you are seeing in in an iWorks app like Pages, it’s because those apps support WebDAV. If you choose Edit abover the list, you can turn the WebDAV item off; hiding the choice.

67E74A75-EF1C-4353-A53A-13A5CD87047E.png

A3693CEB-8DFE-48ED-8086-62E34D971789.png

OP
P

Padcatt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I’m not sure the exact circumstances..I’ll make not next time. Just now, there was no red dod, and webdav wasnt even in the list of locations!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
WebDAV does not show up in my Files app either. What I’m showing is file browsing in the Pages app. Since the Pages app, and many others, use the Files interface, it is easy to forget what app you were/are in when viewing files.

Pages has built in WebDAV support, which is why it probably shows up there. When Pages first came out on iOS, WebDAV was pretty much the only way to use Pages with a cloud service (I used Box.com). It’s not needed these days.

OP
P

Padcatt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
yes. pages. red dot. when tap red dot, “webdav” revealed. blue dot next to “webdav.”

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
yes. pages. red dot. when tap red dot, “webdav” revealed. blue dot next to “webdav.”

Very strange. I have no idea what the dots are about.

You can ‘tag’ folders and files, which places a lable with a colored dot at the bottom of the list, but there is no way that I know of to tag a source in the main list.

Can you supply a screen shot?

Most reactions

Latest posts