What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recommendations For Replacement

Pinkipad2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My iPad 2 is dying. I’m looking for a replacement but iPad 2 is hard to find new. I don’t want a Pencil model unless I don’t have to use the Pencil. 32gb, WiFi, Basic model What iPad is comparable with iPad 2 and the price of $339?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
My iPad 2 is dying. I’m looking for a replacement but iPad 2 is hard to find new. I don’t want a Pencil model unless I don’t have to use the Pencil. 32gb, WiFi, Basic model What iPad is comparable with iPad 2 and the price of $339?

Hi Pinkipad2 - I'll jump in to start the discussion - first, you have an obsolete iPad (my first one back in 2011 - now on my third - see first pic - you were stuck on iOS 9.x), and what you need is newer hardware and support for the current iPadOS (and future releases) - thus, purchase the newest one you can w/i the budget given.

Second, you can buy new, refurbished, or used - but my first suggestion is to visit Apple, an option shown in the 2nd pic is a 32 GB new iPad w/ Wi-Fi only (no AppleCare) for $329 - NOW, I would suggest that 'low' storage if only you feel that it is adequate for your present and future needs (i.e. little room for a lot of music, videos, etc.) - if you want more storage, then explore other options. I'm sure more posts will follow w/ further advice and suggestions. Good luck! Dave :)

iPad2_A.png
iPad2_b.png

OP
Pinkipad2

Pinkipad2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you. I’m on iOS 13.4.1 as of last night. I’m disabled and know my iPad and a learning curve or complicated new stuff isn’t for me with amnesia.

I will click your link and see which model that is.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thank you. I’m on iOS 13.4.1 as of last night. I’m disabled and know my iPad and a learning curve or complicated new stuff isn’t for me with amnesia.

I will click your link and see which model that is.

OK - already some confusion - if you have the 2011 iPad 2, iOS 9.x is the upgradeable limit - do you have a newer iPad (e.g. iPad Air 2) or another more recent model? Please explain before others also get confused. Dave :)

OP
Pinkipad2

Pinkipad2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
NP2G2LL/A bought about two years ago after my first iPad died after a year. Battery died and Apple wanted $200 to replace it.

OP
Pinkipad2

Pinkipad2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh I checked your link and it’s in my cart. Thank you again.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
NP2G2LL/A bought about two years ago after my first iPad died after a year. Battery died and Apple wanted $200 to replace it.

Hi again - assume that you had the iPad 2 which 'died' and then obtained the one w/ the number given above - tried to plug into the lookup option on EveryMac w/o success, so changed the 'N' to 'M' (a more common beginning) and the model below was found which can be upgraded to the current iPadOS - SO, now this newer one has the battery issue - is this all correct?

Hope that the new iPad model at the Apple website works out well for you - good luck. Dave :)

Screen Shot 2020-05-07 at 11.02.41 PM.png

OP
Pinkipad2

Pinkipad2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just checked again and it is an N. I hit copy yesterday and didn’t write it down. So my iPad is an N. I can take a picture with my iPhone if need be.

The new one hasn’t died yet and the battery is okay but it wears down quicker now. I’m ordering the iPad 2 tonight for delivery on May 21. I hoped I’d get it quicker:(
Thank you again

Most reactions

Latest posts