What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recents Widget losing links to stipulated items

Padcatt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I’ve been trying to use iPad OS 15’s new ability to have moveable widgets, and more types of them, on the home screen. I made a tag named “Quik” and had the Recents widgets load all items with this tag.

There are a handful of folders I tagged “Quik” - meaningful to me..project folders, things I go to every day. Perhaps 8 in all.

Sometimes / often, the widget will be empty, as though the connection to the items tagged “Quik” got broken.

Might this be an iPad OS 15 new release bug? I took the 15.0.1 updater last night, and this morning, that “Recents” widget was empty, except for the words, lower-left: “No content available.”

This has happened a couple of times. My solution was to delete the “Recents” widget and to make a new one, but inevitably, it shows up blank at some point.

The folders tagged “Quik” are still there. Curious…

Edit: I just powered down the iPad and powered back up. “Recents” widget still showing no content available.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I set up the medium sized Recents widget from the Files app, and set it for one of the few tags I have. Seems to work. I’ll keep an eye on it for a few days and see if I have any problems.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It’s been a few weeks since I added the widget, and it is still behaving. There have been a couple of iPadOS updates since then, so maybe it’s fixed for you as well. Or not.

OP
P

Padcatt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Following up on this - one of the two recent iPad OS updates appears to have cleared up this issue for me. I’m using a Files widget set to load items with the same tag I’d been using. Upon startup, the widget is empty, but then populates…Hmm…I should check to see if it’s dependent on being online..that’d be weird..

OP
P

Padcatt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just checked..iPad starts up with wifi and BT off, Files widget populates with some items, then after a few seconds, the rest appear.
FWIF, I am using the largest such widget.

OP
P

Padcatt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
very good point.
In my example, none are. I do not use the cloud.

Most reactions

Latest posts