What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Received Camera Connection Kit - Short Video Demo Inside.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Some more info:
A few other notes of interest have been collected on the internet. This includes:

- USB headphone/headset will work on the iPad through the connection kit. Skype phone call was tested and "the quality was just terrific" - Tidbits
- USB keyboards can be used - TUAW
- iLounge had some early notes which revealed that the iPad emails pictures out at 2048x1536 resolution rather than the iPhone's 800x600 resolution, but if you copy/paste the images into an email, you can get full resolution images emailed out.
- Once you connect to your Mac, iPhoto brings in full resolution images with EXIF information intact. - iLounge

Nice find about the headset and keyboard. I'm sure more will be discovered and more apps will take advantage!

Also with an SD card reader that give opportunity for sideload exploits for things like old school emulators without jailbreak.

OP
kilofox

kilofox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Someone on YouTube asked if the iPad reduced RAW images when importing from the iPad to Aperture.

I took a test photo with my Olympus E-P2 Camera set in RAW mode. The test shot reported by the camera was 12.91 MB, 4032x3024. After importing the shot into my iPad via the Camera Connection Kit SDHC Card Reader, I connected my iPad to my iMac and launched Aperture (I dont use iPhoto). I selected Import and choose the iPad.

I selected the test photo I shot and Aperture reported the same size and dimensions - 12.91 MB, 4032x3024. There appears no degrade from the original shot taken with the camera. Metadata was also untouched.

Those of you that shoot RAW+JPG, when importing into the iPad, the iPad will indicate that the photo to be imported is RAW+JPG with white lettering across the thumbnail of the photo to be imported.

Last edited:

kheldour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Full Keyboard and Headset support for Camera Connection Kit

It has just been reported, that Apple's Camera Connection Kit does support USB-Keyboard, USB-Headsets and USB-Microphones.

Let's see, what else will work with it.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The nice thing about the kit is the components are very compact which makes it easy to carry in a bag without making a bulge.

blake

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey, not sure if your camera has this function or not but do you know if it'll import movies taken from the dslr? i have a t2i and this would be a nice extra to have.

Most reactions

Latest posts